Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

1910 Ford Car (Sorry I don't know the model exactly)
Well, I must say, the Farmer's Market in Merrickville is going incredibly well! The jewelery is selling well and the gluten free, low allergy baked goodies are almost all selling out. It is so wonderful to be able to meet the people purchasing my goods, and so neat to see the different sights in the diverse little village of Merrickville. Take the photo above, for example. Not one, not two, but at least a handful of antique cars were spotted cruising around Merrickville yesterday. And it wasn't even the weekend for the big car show and cruise! That happens on July 11 this year. If you like cars, you had best be in Merrickville early that day.
Looking at that above photo got me thinking about Father's Day as well. My dad loves cars. I think he dreams about them when he isn't fixing or racing them. When I saw this car and another park right in front of my Market tent, I knew I had to get a few shots.
I think these antique cars are alot like fathers in a way. They may not always be flashy, brand new and full of the latest techno-wizardry, but if you take cherish them, love them, they give you love and happiness back for many, many years (and maybe even teach you a few things about cars somewhere in there).
Here's to all of the great dads out there. We love and thank you for being you.

No comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)