Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Artisan Gluten Free Bread

Say that title three times fast! Yes, my house smells so incredibly delicious. Fresh cinnamon raisin artisan gluten free bread aromas are wafting through my house still, though I baked it last night until 11PM to try and save on electricity costs. We are on Time of Use prices now and the best time to bake is before 6AM or after 9PM, as the oven has to go up to 500F for almost an hour for these little beauties. Since I am NOT getting up at 4AM to make bread (I'm a morning person, but not THAT much of a morning person!), I need to wait until 8-9PM to start this bread. I found a really cool recipe on http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/ that I have been playing with to make egg free and taste the way I want it. After giving out little tastes at the Farmer's Market last week, and selling out of the regular artisan bread that I had made by 11AM, I think I have a winner.
Well, I thought I did.
You see, I experimented again yesterday. I added some cinnamon, some organic raisins, and a little extra organic agave nectar.
Oh holy crow, this is the best bread EVER! Even better than the classic artisan gluten free bread, hands down.
My mouth is watering just writing this, and the 3 little slices Brennan and I shared last night went down so fast we had to practically run out of the room to get away from it so that we wouldn't eat the whole 1 pound loaf in all of 3 minutes.
For anyone going to the Merrickville Farmer's Market this weekend, you're in for a treat if you want some amazing gluten free cinnamon raisin bread, 'cause I have got some of this just for you.
What could be better, you ask? Well, it is gluten free, egg free, dairy free, corn free, soy free and vegan. and tastes like heaven on a plate.
Maybe I could have another little piece....NO! I must save it for the market... but, just a little one? NO! I must save it for the market....
I think it might be a long day ;-)

No comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)