Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

I was going to do a quick blurb about online marketing and networking tools, but this popped up and I had to show you!
I was on Mishkat's blog this morning, just clicking away, when I saw her post on "The
Story of Stuff
". It intrigued me. I am always trying to figure out how to be more efficient, more frugal (one of my favorite words, said with a Scottish accent), but I didn't know all that Annie Leonard had to say. If you click on the image above, you'll go to the site where there is a video on "The Story of Stuff". It'll get you thinking. While I don't agree with everything she says, it makes a really good set of points about how we live our lives in a disposable manner. Check it out, you'll be glad you did :)
We need to be conscious consumers. We need to think about why we are purchasing the items we want. We need to pay what the items actually cost, and stop thinking that cheap, disposable, toxic products from giant factories making children work long hours is okay.
Buy responsibly. Buy handmade. Buy consciously!
Okay, today's sermon is over!
Meghann

1 comment:

Barry said...

I put the same video on another blog, Meghann. I thought it was well done and quite powerful.

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)